Janice Warren has been the Citrus County Tax Collector since 2001. Janice’s vision for the office is to be the lead role model in customer service, financial integrity, and innovation. The office is a “one-stop” customer service experience providing a variety of services to citizens.
Mrs. Warren is a graduate of the University of Florida School of Banking with over 25 years of experience in executive management in the financial services industry in areas of customer relations and compliance with state and federal statutes.
Janice holds the designations of “Certified Florida Collector” and “Certified Executive Leader”. She has held the offices of District Director, Secretary, 2nd and 1st Vice President and Florida Tax Collector Association President. Mrs. Warren has chaired the Education, Investment Trust and Historical committees of the Florida Tax Collectors Association. Janice has been a member of the Tax Collector DHSMV Steering Committee and the Florida Tax Collector Legislative Committee.
The Citrus County Tax Collector’s Office received recognition from the Florida Sterling Council for completion of the Sterling Explorer assessment process and receiving the highest score for customer focus the Council had ever seen in 20 years.
Some of Janice’s leadership roles and recognition include:
• Received the Matthew Langley Bell, III Award from her colleagues of the statewide Florida Tax Collector Association for making the greatest impact to FTC, Inc. through her support, ideas and spirit of volunteerism. Mrs. Warren was only the fifth Tax Collector to receive this prestigious award.
• Founder and Executive Director of the Florida Tax Collector Executive Leadership Academy, Supervisor Academy and the Masters Leadership Program, working in partnership with Valencia College.
• Designation as a Purple Heart Tax Collector Office by the Aaron A. Weaver Chapter 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart.
• 1st Organization to receive the Aaron A. Weaver Chapter 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart “Proud Supporter Award”
• “Lifetime Member” of the Aaron A. Weaver 776 Military Order of the Purple Heart organization
• Governor’s Community Leadership Recognition
• Lifetime Director of Citrus County Chamber of Commerce
• Junior Achievement National Bronze, Silver, and Gold Leadership Awards
• Founding Director and Chairman of Citrus 20/20 and Citrus 2030
• Economic Development Council Person of the Year
• Altrusa Most Admired Government Leader
• SERTOMA “Service to Mankind” District Award recipient
Janice is a native Floridian, born in Jacksonville and is a licensed airplane pilot and certified scuba diver. She and her husband, Dave, raised their 2 children in Citrus County and are proud grandparents of their granddaughter, Shelby.