To transfer the ownership of a vessel titled in Florida, you will need to bring the following to the Tax Collector’s Office:
- The Florida title properly completed by both the buyer and the seller in its entirety on the “Transfer of Title by Seller” section of title. If a lien is being recorded, the lien holder’s name, their Federal Employer’s Identification number, address, and date of lien are also needed. If the lien holder is an individual, their driver’s license number and date of birth will be needed.
- The purchaser(s) or their power of attorney(s) must be present to sign a new application for title. We will need an original or certified Power of Attorney form. The purchaser(s) and/or their power of attorney will need to produce photo identification such as a driver license, identification card, or passport.
- The purchaser’s name on the title application must match the name on the proof of identification exactly.
- Sales tax will be collected on the purchase price of the vehicle as stated on the title.
There are three options available for requesting your title.
- Title mailed to you in 7-10 business days for $9.25.
- Keep the title held electronic, not printed until you need it.
- Print the title in office for an additional $2.50, if title is needed immediately.
If a lien is recorded add an additional fee of $1.00. This does not include the registration fees.
All title transfers may be processed by mail as well. Please contact our office (352) 341-6500 for more information.